Petite Riviere Vineyards Workplace Covid-19 Prevention Plan
Below is our Covid-19 Health & Safety Procedures, these will be updated as federal & provincial policies evolve. This COVID prevention & practices plan will be provided on our social media, website & posted at the winery for review.
Please let us know if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
The Petite Team
What to expect when you visit the Petite Riviere Vineyards!
Petite Riviere Vineyards has a designated a “greeter” to welcome, control customer traffic and provide specifics about tastings and the retail space
- This greeter is responsible for registry all guests (main contact), employees, couriers, and deliveries as per Public Health recommendations if contact tracing becomes necessary. Information is considered private and confidential and will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
- The greeter will also ask if the customer has been out of the province/ country in the last 14 days & if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 before they enter the building.
- Alcohol based hand rub will be available for all customer to use or customers can use their own anti-bacterial hand rinse.
- The greeter directs customers to outdoor seating where they will be served their welcome wine sampling. Greeter must be wearing a mask when serving customers their welcome sample of wine.
- All tasting occurs outside on the deck or in the tent when possible. If weather does not permit, tastings will occur at harvest table - all other customers will use other sales room, therefore will be appropriately social distanced.
- Staff will serve your tasting in a single-use disposable glass at once you are seated.
- Customers must remain seated while doing a tasting and are encouraged to not move from table to table or about the winery building.
- Customers are not permitted to walk around with their samples (unless contained within a tasting room with no other groups of customers).
- Customers are limited to one welcome sample and one tasting OR glass of wine.
- Menus have been laminated and are disinfected between uses by our dedicated cleaner.
- Table and chairs are cleaned and disinfected between customers.
Retail Experience for Customers
- As per the ORDER OF THE CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER OF HEALTH UNDER SECTION 32 of the HEALTH PROTECTION ACT 2004, c. 4, s. 1. dated July 28th, all employees and customer must wear a non-surgical mask when indoors or outside when unable to remain 6ft from staff and other customers.
- One directional flow of traffic is noted on the floor. Customers enter through the Events room doors and leave through Wine Shop doors.
- Floor marking are in place indicating two-metre separations where lines may occur (i.e. washrooms, reception desk, entrance, etc.) and arrows directing the flow of traffic.
- Posted signage:
o hand hygiene best practices located in the winery washroom to remind all guests of proper hand washing techniques and request, and
o Social Distancing requirements explained upon entry, and
o signage indicating our maximum capacity of guests is 10 which is based on the current social distancing (2 metres, or 6 wine bottles end to end) and government regulations
- Our maximum capacity for retail store or winery boutique adhering to government mandates, is a group no larger than 10ppl in each taste room, adhering to the current social distancing of 6 feet from other people.
- Public Health order as modified from time to time at https://novascotia.ca/reopening-nova-scotia/.
- Hand hygiene
- Customers are expected to use anti-bacterial hand rinse which is located at the entry and exit of the retail space.
- Product mainly is kept in display cases, or stored merchandise behind the counter. Customers are asked not to touch items for sale and signage is visible to clients as a reminder to ask for help.
Other changes Implemented
- Petite Riviere Vineyards eliminated shared crackers, chocolates, nuts or any items in the tasting room or on the tasting bar that could be common touch points. Instead, we offer individual bags of chips or nuts for sale.
- Petite Riviere Vineyards has debit/credit for sales; Cash also available. We encourage the use of tap where possible and receipts in the bag or box or emailed.
- Petite Riviere Vineyards has developed an enhanced cleaning and disinfection plan.
- All waste bins/garbage receptacles are equipped with a lid and foot pedal are lined with single use garbage bags.
- Petite Riviére Vineyards requires advanced reservations for all vineyard tours.
- Petite Riviere Vineyards is now using individual disposable containers versus freestanding spittoons, for those who request it.
- Petite Riviere Vineyards uses disposable tasting glassware.
Enhanced cleaning and disinfection
- Laminated menus are wiped down and disinfected after each use.
- Touchless payment methods are in use and are t disinfected after each use.
- Outdoor seating and tables must be cleaned and disinfected between groups.
- Bathrooms are to be disinfected after each use (or after each group – if travelling together)